Monday, May 14, 2007
Potty Training Boot Camp
Today is Potty Training Boot Camp Day at our house. Cameron is home sick from preschool and I am not running errands today, so I figured this would be a perfect day for Jenny to seriously aquaint herself with the potty. She has sat on it before and went peepee and poopy in it, but never stuck with it. Today, however, is going to be different. Today, Jenny will not wear a diaper or a pull-up. She's going to go naked until she is able to listen to her body. That's what we did with Cameron a year ago and since they are a year apart, I figured that she's more than ready. She was a little upset about not wearing a diaper today telling me that her butt was going to be cold, so I gave her a towel to sit on or wrap herself in, but she was told not to pee or poop on it. Also, we hung her Care Bear underwear and My Little Pony underwear up above the TV so she could see what we're working towards. She also wants to go to preschool and gymnastics, but she can't go until she's potty trained so I'm hoping that those incentives will be enough to push her in the right direction. Jenny is a very headstrong little girl so I have to come up with creative ways to get through to her and motivate her. Oh, and we also have a sticker chart going too. When Cameron and Jennifer fill up their charts, they can get a toy. In addition to that, Jenny knows that once she is potty trained, she can go to the toy store and get anything she wants. Any one thing that is. Cameron wanted a crane in the worst way and when he was going pee pee consistantly, we got him one. A Tonka one from ebay because that's the only place I was able to find one. He still plays with it almost everyday. So anyway, we'll see how today goes. I'm really hoping it goes as well as Cameron's potty training went. I think there's something to be said about waiting until they are ready, or past ready for that matter. And waiting until I'm ready too. After all, I'm the coach right? Hopefully, she'll be in underwear by the end of the week. Dream big, I always say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment