Thursday, May 03, 2007

Oh the Drama!

There has been so much drama in my life lately. First, a few weeks ago during our monsoon, our basement flooded. Since our bedroom and the playroom were down there, we were frantic trying to prevent the water from traveling to the finished side of the basement. Well, there's not much you can do in the middle of the night except pray and start moving stuff upstairs. So that's what we did. Our house is still in disarray. All of the toys in the playroom are pushed up against the wall farthest from where the water was. We slept on the couch for a week until we got things settled upstairs. Now we are in the master bedroom upstairs (where Scott was replacing a window at the time of the flood so now there's a new window, but no drywall around it) with Eric and the kids are in the small middle room. The extra room is full of dressers that won't fit anywhere else right now. So hopefully in the next week or two Eric and Cameron will be together and Jenny will be in her own room and Scott and I will be alone for the first time in I don't know how long. You may be wondering what has been taking us so long. After all the flood was a few weeks ago....

I got a phone call at 1am on the 23rd from my mom telling me that my sister was having an emergency c-section and the babies were in distress. I was up all night waiting for updates until 4am when I decided to go down to Jersey with my mom. Angela had to be airlifted to a different hospital because of major complications. There was a hematoma on her liver that ruptured causing her to bleed internally. Had she not gotten to the hospital when she did, she would have died. The babies, Anna and Eva, were born without heartbeats. They were both resusitated and after a few days on respirators, they are now breathing on their own. They are doing wonderfully and the doctors and nurses are optimistic that there is no permanent brain damage (from the lack of oxygen). My sister came home from the hospital Monday and is also doing very well. She is in a lot of pain still and is missing her babies. Once everyone is home and settled, I will call it a miracle. I have never prayed so hard in my life. So I'm going down to Jersey again tonight for the weekend to take care of my sister. She needs a lot of help.

You want some more drama? My brother-in-law, Dave, not Angela's husband, had a heart attack the day after the babies were born. And my other brother-in-law's, Angela's husband Pat, brother and his wife were in a car accident on the way home from seeing Angela. Everyone is okay now, but man, what a freakin week we had. I'm still recovering.

Oh and I had an MRI yesterday on my foot. I've been to two doctors, had two sets of x-rays and a bone scan and no one seems to know what is wrong with my foot. It's a big mystery. So maybe next week I'll have some answers or I'll just keep limping around for the rest of my life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My hear dropped to the floor when I read that the babues were born without heartbeats. . . OH my gosh!

Then I got better,

Then. . .well. . .I hear ya. I'm sorry things have gone so wierdly wrong for you. Hopefully life will become normal again SOON!

It's so nice to hear that your prayers were answered for your neices.

Miss you love you! Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Unknown said...

Heart dropped

Unknown said...

babies