Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Eric
Eric, this blog post is just for you. On Sunday, you will be 16 months old! How time flies! You are such an amazing little man. When I think about how the doctor is concerned about you developing slower than other kids your age, I can't help but think about what's going on in your little head. You are so intelligent and observant. You know exactly what's going on and how to get what you want. You take in all that is around you. You are starting to really look at books now. You love looking at pictures on the wall, especially those of Jesus, whose name you are starting to sound out. You recognize your grandparents in the pictures and even your grandfather who passed away before you were born. Sometimes Daddy and I think you remember him from your pre-existance. Yesterday, you pulled yourself up for the first time! Daddy and I were so proud of you. Today you did it again and walked two steps while holding on to the couch. I was so happy for you. Soon you will realize that you can get places a lot faster when you are walking or running. Crawling will be a thing of the past and your knees will get smooth again. I can't believe how rough they are from you crawling so much. They don't seem to bother you though so I'm not worried. Oh, and you do the funniest thing. When you and I are in a room together (like the bathroom or bedroom), you shut the door and kinda laugh. I think you like when it's just me and you together. I know you love playing with your brother and sister, but I know they get on your nerves sometimes too. Jenny's tantrums and Cameron's sirens. They would annoy anyone, believe me. Oh, and another thing you just starting doing recently- you give me your cup when you want more. It's so cute! I'm trying to teach you how to say "more" or "milk", but you will have none of that. You also are not interested in sign language which I have been trying to teach you, albeit not consistantly, since you were eight months old. I guess you just want to communicate your way. That's fine for now. It works for us. I love you so much little man. You bring so much joy into my life and into my days. When I am stressed out, you balance me. Your brother and sister can't say that. They drive me nuts. You are going to grow up to be an amazing person. You have so much spirit and fire in you. You are going to do wonderful things in your life. But for now, just continue being you. Stay young as long as you can and enjoy your innocence. Mommy and Daddy love you and will always be there for you. Keep brightening our days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment