Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Day of School

Preface: For those of you who don't know, Cameron and Jenny are a mere 11 months apart (thanks to the Ortho Evra birth control patch that I happen to be allergic to). Cameron was not ready for Kindergarten last year and since he's an October birthday, I had the option of holding him back. Jenny, on the other hand, was most certainly ready this year, so off they go. My Irish twins. And yes, they are in different classes.
My two happy Kindergarteners!

At the bus stop with Mama. Eric just had to wear a backpack too.


At the bus stop with Daddy. I love this picture...minus Eric's binky.


Walkin' to the bus. They were so good getting on. I really thought one of them would freeze and break down into tears, but they were awesome! I just wish my wide butt wasn't in this picture.


Can you tell how happy Eric is to not have his older siblings around? Actually, he cried when they got on the bus and it drove away. All three days.

Right after they got off the bus that afternoon. They didn't even see each other on the bus! I was like, "Cameron, where's Jenny?" "I don't know. I didn't see her on the bus." Nice. Way to look out for your sister. Jenny didn't even know to get off. I had to get on the bus to get her! Nice. Way to pay attention to Mommy standing outside of the bus nervously awaiting the arrival of her young, innocent children.

The second day of school. The kids are just as excited- if not more- than the first day. I, on the other hand, had a wicked cold and was absolutely miserable. My wonderful hubby got them up and ready and off to the bus stop. He even took care of breakfast. I did, however, do Jenny's hair. Scott later told me that that was what he was most afraid of, so he was thankful when I got up to do it.

I love my little boy!


And later that day...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristina,
They look so cute waiting for the bus. That will be Kendall tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Holy Mole!! Your family is getting cuter and growing up way too fast!

Unknown said...

So I guess since your kids are in school you have nothing to blog about? or too much time to play outside the house, or you are sleeping?

where's you go?

My blog is being transferred to wordpress, so I am blogging but it's not publishing to devanie.com - yet.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I love the baby widget. I want one on my blog, haha!