Saturday, August 30, 2008

Carter Mountain Orchard

So let me tell you about Carter Mountain Orchard...We had just left Monticello. We were all tired and cranky. My sister-in-law turns up this road with the sign for the orchard on it. We were following her and I was like, okay, she probably just wants to get some peaches. So we drove. And drove. And drove. "Where is she taking us?" Scott asked as I peered over the edge of the road which led down to who knows where. "I don't know, but they should really have guardrails on this road," I replied. But soon enough we were passing vineyards full of grapevines and apple trees and finally a little shop where they sold fresh fruit (you could pick your own, of course), ice cream, and THE BEST slushies you have EVER tasted in your life! We decided that we would pass on the peach-picking and just buy a bag of peaches. My bro-in-law, Drew, was like "you guys should really try the slushies here. They are really good." I just kind of brushed it off cause I'm not crazy about slushies. Scott ended up getting a grape one before we left and oh my gosh! It was heaven! I would totally drive eight hours to get one. Well, an hour from my sister-in-law's house. You're probably thinking, this girl is nuts! Why would she write an entire blog post about a slushie? Well, you haven't tasted one! If you are EVER in Charlottesville, you MUST stop at Carter Mountain Orchard and get one. They make them with fresh fruit- whatever is in season at the time. I swear, you will write a blog post on them too.

No comments: