Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Sick as a Dog
So yesterday wasn't a good day. It all started when I was awoken at 6:30am by the sound of my dog, Murphy, barking uncontrollably. I got up and discovered that he vomited all over the kitchen floor. Upon futher investigation, I found bits and pieces of a plastic wrapper. Then, I realized just what my hungry little cocker spaniel had gotten into- a 12oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate morsels. So we all know that that much chocolate can kill a dog. I quickly called my mom who told me to call the emergency vet clinic. They told me to give him hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. Now that was difficult, but with Scott's help, I did it. Scott called our regular vet who didn't seem too concerned, but told us to keep an eye on his heartrate. So all day I worried about my furry little lad. He's okay now, but still very hyper and irritable. And very hungry since he hasn't eaten all day. And ofcourse, my lovely children thought they would add to my madness by being out of control all day. But I try to find the positive in each day. Yesterday I found a new favorite toy. You all know how I swear by the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? Well, try the Pledge Duster Plus! That little thing is awesome. I actually enjoyed dusting! Imagine that. Usually dusting makes me sneeze like crazy, but this duster thing catches all the dust so it doesn't fly all over the place. And as an added bonus, it comes with a mini Pledge spray attached to the handle, so you just spray and dust with one hand! Cool, huh? That was my day pretty much. Cleaning up vomit and dusting. Today is a new day and so far it hasn't been too bad. :) "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God..." D&C 88:119
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment