Monday, July 07, 2008

Finally!

Finally...We got a minivan! It's a 2008 Nissan Quest in Majestic Blue with gray leather interior. We named her Lizzie. I love Lizzie. She's so good to me and I, in turn, am very good to her. I've wanted this car for over a year now and my wonderful husband, who preferred the Kia Sedona, gave in to me. He's glad that he did though. He admitted to me that he likes the Nissan better. It's roomier and has a lot of cool ammenities. I'll post a picture soon.

Finally...Microbiology is over! Okay, so I know that a month-long class doesn't sound like a long time, but to me and all of the other students, it was an eternity. It started off awful. I didn't like the professor, I did awful on the first exam, and there was so much studying and work that I didn't have much time for anything else (that one I kind of expected). Once I got used to my professor, however, I came to really like her. She was very passionate about bacteria, fungi, protozoans, helminths, and viruses. She wanted us to love it too. Her sense of humor emerged within a week or two and I found it hard to not pay attention. My grades went up and (thank the Lord), I got an A-. I'm going to miss that class in a sick, freaky, gross sort of way. I learned a lot.

Finally...I bore my testimony for the first time in Fast and Testimony meeting! It was three and a half years in the making, but I finally gathered the guts to get up in front of the church and tell everyone how grateful I am to my Heavenly Father for all of the blessings He's given me and my family. I was shaking the whole time and my voice was cracking from fighting back tears, but I knew that bearing my testimony was one of the only ways I could show Him my gratitude.

And Finally...I can blog again!

2 comments:

Jen said...

You show your graditude every day in the way you live!!! I'm sad I missed it. I have bad timing- I missed your talk,too:(
Congrats on the van. THat sounds really fun! We get home this weekend and we should go to a free movie next week with the kids

Kylie Walker said...

Hey Kristina! I am thrilled to find your blog, it's so fun to see what other people are up to! I love your music too, how did you get that application on there?