Thursday, June 05, 2008
The Word of Wisdom
I had a spiritual experience last night in my microbiology class. Maybe it was just a realization. Anyway, the professor was lecturing about bacteria and got into good and bad bacteria and so forth. She mentioned that there is more good bacteria in fruits, vegetables, grains, and herbs and that there is more bad bacteria in meats. I began thinking about the Word of Wisdom and how it says to eat meats sparingly, but eat fruits and herbs with prudence and thanksgiving. Section 89 of Doctrine and Covenents was written in 1833. The discovery of different bacterias- namely good and bad bacteria- wasn't until years later. This just proves that Heavenly Father knows so much more than we do and wants us to have healthy bodies. It's comforting to know that by not drinking coffee (which I still crave everyday of my life!), I am keeping my body safe from something that we don't necessarily know about yet. Also, 99% of bacteria can't even be seen! Can you believe that?! We can only see 1% of all bacteria! That's just scary. Especially with what I've seen through the microscope this week. Yuck! FYI- make sure you clean your ears really well. You have know idea what is growing on and inside your ears and I don't think you want to know either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I love reading your blog.
It helps me become a more sp[iritual person just reading about Sunbeams. the WOW, and more. Keep it up it helps those of us struggling to find a moment to enjoy the things heavenly father has given to us. . .yes even the bacteria.
Post a Comment