Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mushy Arms

I was sitting next to Cameron at dinner last night when he grabbed my arm and said, "Mama, your arms are mushy." "Thanks!" I said with all enthusiasm. The truth is, I have been meaning to start the Jillian Michaels Powersculpt workout for a few weeks now, but I've been procrastinating as usual. Well, thanks to my poison ivy- covered son, I started it today. It's pretty intense for a 15 minute workout. My sister swears by it and she said if I do it five days a week, I should be good to go by the summer. We shall see. Oh, and Cameron and Jenny were both watching me and telling me what to do during the workout. Lovely, huh?

I got into the oh-so-dreadful habit of taking catnaps in the afternoon on the couch. Not good. I was hit with the realization that the semester will be over in three weeks and I need to buckle down and stop putting off my assignments. I am behind in two of my classes and I have a few papers/essays to do too. So I have resorted to energy drinks to keep me up during my afternoon slump. Is that bad? I'm not sure, but they are working. At least in my head they are. So feel free to post your opinion on energy drinks and similar energy-enhancing products.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You asked for my opinion, that is one thing I am good at giving!!;)
My drug of choice is chocolate. If we were all perfect we would drink water, eat fruit, grow a garden, use whole wheat we ground ourselves and eat meat SPARINGLY.
But we're not perfect and the Lord has given us a list of do's and don'ts to start with. That gets us to the point we can make covenants, and be purified so eventually we'll have perfect bodies. Hallelujah, that is not now!!! Stay awake and pass your classes and Say no to drugs, you'll be blessed with WISDOM!