Monday, April 21, 2008

Sunbeams and Poison Ivy!

So yesterday one of the Sunbeam teachers called out sick at the last minute and the substitute did not have time to plan a lesson. So I had two Sunbeam classes! Let me tell you- I had so much fun with them! When I found out about all of this nonsense, I was like, "Heavenly Father, you are really challenging me today, aren't you?" But it turned out not to be a challenge at all. They were so into my lesson and so well-behaved and so much fun. I am still amazed. I love those Sunbeams. They are amazing and precious little souls. They are cute and smart and funny. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to spend time with them and teach them and get to know them each week. So I'd like to give a shout-out to my Sunbeam class: Ryan, Dallon, Katy, Leah, and Madison and my add-on Sunbeam class: Chloe, May, Carsen, and Rachel. I love you guys! You make me smile!

While I was teaching my awesome Sunbeams, Scott was taking Cameron to the doctor because of a mysterious rash on his face. It turned out to be poison ivy which I think is in the woods in our backyard. Poor little man. He's on prednisone now which is making him hyper which is driving me nuts! You should've seen him running around BJs today. People must of thought he was off his medication if you know what I mean. His face looks a lot better now, but he's still very itchy. I feel bad for him, but he did know to stay out of the woods. We warned him several times not to go in there. Hopefully this will be the last poison-ivy experience for him, but I kind of doubt it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I just showed Ryan his name on your blog and he was very excited! Thanks for being such a sweet Great teacher for my son!
Shawn had poison ivy once because he was helping dad weed and just kept going into the woods:)
That is miserable. Feel better, Cameron.
Jen

Anonymous said...

I happen to know Dallon loves having you as a teacher as well! Thanks for all you do to teach him and thanks for being patient with his exuberant personality!