I love the snow. It is so pretty outside right now. Snowflakes of all shapes and sizes dropping from the sky. Life cannot get any better than this. However, my sister's baby shower is tomorrow so this lovelyness better stop soon. At least I have the whole day to stay home and prepare for party and bake the cake. But I am a little concerned about my hair appointment tonight. I haven't had my hair done in months and I really don't want this appointment cancelled. So I guess we'll see what the weather brings.
My trip to New Jersey was nice. It was great spending time with my sister and seeing and feeling her belly (it's really weird to see your sister pregnant), but it didn't help my foot much. I was probably better off staying home. At least at home I would've been able to stick to a routine and the kids would've had all their toys to play with and their beds to sleep in, etc. My sister tried to take care of me, but she's pregnant and she has her own life and her own things to do. It did snow, though, so that was nice. The canal behind her house was frozen which I had never seen before. So this week I've just been hobbling around the house, taking Cameron to preschool, and getting some shopping done for the shower. If I hold on to a shopping cart or a stroller, it helps my balance so I can move a little bit faster. The biggest pain? Having to take off the boot to drive and put it back on when I get out of the car. Picking up and dropping off Cameron is annoying as well as getting gas. Errrr. But this too shall pass and I'm dealing with it a lot better as I get used to being disabled.
So I'll let you all know how the shower went. I'm planning on baking an incredible cake, so I'll make sure I post some pictures.
Friday, March 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment