Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy Spring!

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful day it is! I told the kids this morning, "You'll need to wear your jackets this morning, but by the time I pick up Cameron from preschool, you won't need them. That's how warm it'll be." Well, they really didn't need them in the morning either. It had to be over 70 degrees. I was sweating in the sun! Can you believe it? It was snowing not even two weeks ago! So we spent a good part of the afternoon outside playing on the deck because it was still too muddy to play in the yard. Eric got bored in his exersaucer though. I didn't want him to crawl all over the deck because it was wet (from all of the toys that were filled with water that we had to dump out) and dirty and there was junk on it that I didn't want him to get into. Plus, it's hard. So I'll have to think of other things for him to do outside while the others are playing. Jenny is totally tuckered out. She's passed out on the couch right now.

Eric is 14 months old today. In the past month, he has mastered the art of crawling, said "uh-oh", and gives us high fives (actually low fives). He amazes me everyday. He is so intelligent and observant. He may be slow with crawling, standing, walking, etc., but I really think he is wise beyond his years. You know that phrase,"he's an old soul?" Well, I think that applies to Eric. You can just see it in his eyes and with the different looks he gives us. I have totally enjoyed the past 14 months with him. Watching him grow and develop and change has been so rewarding. I have definately savored every moment with him in his short life so far. And I can't wait to see what is to come in the next month.

No comments: