The flowers that Scott brought home for me the day we found out I was expecting.I know I haven't updated this blog in like, forever, but it's probably for the readers' own good. I would've spent the last eight months complaining about every little ache and pain associated with my pregnancy. Although I truly enjoy being pregnant (growing a little human being inside of me), I am, in fact, a miserable pregnant person. My husband has not failed to remind me of that. So I write this post in hopes of looking back at it in a few years when myself, or Scott, desires to have another child. Hopefully, it will change our minds.
My first trimester actually wasn't that bad. I did have some nausea, but nothing too debilitating. I do, however, remember a few mornings where I didn't know how I would make it to class without puking all over my much loved minivan. But I made it through without one episode of vomit. I know I was really tired, but not as bad as other pregnancies. I had a lot going on that kept me very busy- the kids starting Kindergarten, myself in school full time, and planning the next nine months and beyond.
My second trimester was miserable, contrary to what "they" say. It's supposed to be a time of increased energy and what-not. Not for me. I was incredibly tired and I had so much pelvic pain and discomfort that I just wanted to stay in bed all day. I couldn't of course cause if I could've, I wouldn't have been so tired. There were a few occasions that I could barely walk because of some kind of musculoskeletal pain starting in my hip and going down my leg. I couldn't roll over in bed because the sciatic pain in my lower back and butt was so intense. Oh yeah, how can I forget? The constant peeing! It started way back in the first trimester and "they" say it's supposed to let up in the second. Well, again, not for me. The peeing finally decreased late in the second trimester where I had a couple of weeks of actually feeling good.
Then started the third trimester. What fun. More fatigue, more peeing, but less hip, back, and pelvic pain. More achiness, more leg cramps, less sleep. I won't even get into the varicose veins. Oh, and have I mentioned that during this entire pregnancy I have been incredibly irritable. Like, chewing-my-kids'-heads-off irritable. And my doctor has the nerve to tell me to go for walks. Are you kidding me? Yeah, I know the vitamin D from the sun will help my mood, but if you think I'm going to waddle around my neighborhood when I can't even sleep for two hours straight, you're on crack. My strolls to the bus stop are just fine for me. School hasn't been fun for me either this trimester. I have no desire to study or even go to class. I only have two weeks left, so I know I can press forward and finish up, but I would still rather stay home and plan for the arrival of my little girl.
I won't bore my readers with the mundane details of all of the other stressors in my life throughout my pregnancy that made me miserable. Just know that it hasn't been a fun eight months and I really have no desire to do it again. Scott is already talking about number 5 and I just won't have any of it. Pregnancy is a wonderful thing. There is nothing like it. But there comes a point when your body just can't handle it anymore and my body is at that point. I will soon have two boys and two girls. Jenny will have the sister she has always wanted. Life is good, right?





2 comments:
I'm so excited you're having a girl and Jenny is getting a sister. I'm also happy its almost over for you. Hang in there, you ROCK!
I hate pregnancy too! I decided not to have two close together just because I did not enjoy the first pregnancy. Good luck! Just a few weeks left!
Post a Comment