Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

Oh have I missed blogging! One of my many New Year's resolutions is to blog more regularly. School, Christmas, and illness have taken up so much of my time. So school is out until the end of January, Christmas is over (thank goodness!), and everyone seems to be healthy (at least today they do). I was thinking today about how this year was really boring for me and realized something- only the second part of the year was boring. In January, I had a baby (that's pretty exciting, I must say), I had a really cool baby shower where I got to create bonds with new friends, I went to the temple for the first time and was sealed to my wonderful family, I got a new-used car, took trips to Virginia, New Jersey, and Colorado, and started teaching the nursery class at church. I'm sure there are some great things that I missed, but that was an excellent start, huh? Some things to look forward to in 2007: my birthday (in 10 days), Eric's 1st birthday, the birth of my twin nieces, planning an awesome baby shower, more school, another trip to Colorado and many more to Jersey, the possibility of moving south, a new minivan, Cameron starting preschool, and many other things that I can't think of at the moment cause my kids are bothering me. I also plan to finish writing the novel I started. Any babies this year for me? Probably not. I'm not ready to be pregnant again and I'm sure as heck not ready to have another newborn in this crazy house. Plus, I want to enjoy watching my sister go through the trauma of pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting X 2. I think this will be a fun year. And I shall start it off with a medium rare steak, baked potato, and shrimp cocktail. Yum! Well, I'm off to the kitchen. Happy New Year!

No comments: